1. INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
In order to provide and continually improve our Services, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information we may collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- Identification information, including your name and email address, and your shipping and billing address
- Financial information, such as your credit card information when completing an order
- Communication information, such as when you reach out to us with questions or concerns, or when you voluntarily respond to our requests seeking your opinion and feedback
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased and your purchasing history or tendencies
- Demographic information, such as your age
- Social Media information, including your contact details, when you choose to interact with our pages on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages
- Online activity and device identifiers, such as your browser information, operating system information, device information, IP address, and the date, time, length of stay and your browsing/search history, including the specific pages accessed during your interactions with the Services
We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to serve you and operate the Services. Personal Information that we collect depends on how you use the Services. Providing your Personal Information to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to take advantage of many features of the Services.
We may aggregate your Personal Information with information collected from other users to (i) provide you with a better experience, (ii) improve the quality and value of the Service and (iii) analyze and understand how our Services are used.
afterwards does not sell products for purchase by children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
2. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect your information in the following ways:
WHEN YOU PROVIDE US WITH INFORMATION TO MAKE A PURCHASE
If you use our Services to make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction. We may collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment card number and authentication details. We use a payment processor so that we do not need to maintain your credit card information other than in a tokenized form. Our payment processing partner stores and processes your credit card or other payment information using industry-standard security measures. By making a purchase through the Services, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
COMMUNICATIONS YOU INITIATE WITH US
If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through TPS), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more delightful and helpful emails and improve our Services.
If you create your afterwards account by connecting through a TPS, such as Amazon or Facebook, you are authorizing us to use public information from that connected account to help complete your afterwards profile. We collect and store this information and use it to help you connect to our Site. Connecting your afterwards account to a TPS is completely optional, and you will have the opportunity to grant permission when you attempt to connect. Please remember that the manner in which the TPS uses, stores, and discloses your information is governed solely by the policies of such service. We recommend that you review the terms and policies of that TPS, including its privacy and data gathering practices. afterwards shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any TPS or any other third-party site or service that may be enabled within the Service.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons” and “cookies” which allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in emails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email. Cookies are small files placed on your computer that recognize you when you return to afterwards and that allow us to customize your user experience and improve the afterwards service. You may modify the cookies that are accepted by your computer by changing your browser settings, although this may change the way the afterwards website is presented to you. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and we have no obligation to inform you of third-party cookies that are set.
If you decide you do not want to receive marketing emails, you can select to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific request, such as password recovery.
BLOGS, REVIEWS AND TESTIMONIALS
The Services may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, customer reviews or testimonials. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blogs, customer reviews or testimonials, please contact us. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your Personal Information.
3. HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We primarily use the information we collect to enhance the Services and your experience. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, as described below, we do not sell your Personal Information to anyone. If we share your Personal Information, we do so as described below.
We may share your Personal Information with TPS providers, commercial partners, service providers, and others we conduct business with to: (i) enhance our Services and evaluate the effectiveness of our partnerships; (ii) provide you with additional services related to our Services; (iii) conduct quality assurance testing; (iv) facilitate creation of accounts; (v) provide technical support; (vi) market the Services; (vii) facilitate business partnerships with trusted partners and/or (viii) to provide other services to afterwards. Personal Information may also be shared with third party marketing partners for commercial purposes.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature to signal that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. This Site does not comply with Federal DNT legislation.
USE OF SERVICES VIA MOBILE DEVICE
If you use the Services through your mobile device, we may receive a unique identifier or information about your location. You may at any time prevent the Services from using your location by turning this option off at the device level. When you use the Services through your mobile device, we also collect device type and UUID, a unique identifier generated within the Application, and store this information in log files and system databases. We use this information to provide you with the most up to date application and features, or to advertise or promote products or services to you that are applicable to your device type.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
afterwards cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our rights or the rights of our users or others, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AND NON-US RESIDENTS
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- To know whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for business purposes, the categories of Personal Information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information;
- To have us, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Information;
- To opt out: we may share identification information and online activity and device identifiers with social media platforms and other advertising partners that will use that information to serve you targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third party websites – under certain regulations such sharing may be considered a “sale” of Personal Information; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
Your authorized agent may submit requests in the manner described above, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
INTERNATIONAL USERS CONSENT TO TRANSFER
6. INFORMATION SECURITY